Getting A Teaching Job? What Skills Are Schools Looking For In New Teachers?
In Episode 16, of Rockin’ This Teacher Thing…
How do you get a job as a teacher? Getting your first teaching job can be really stressful. What are hiring teams looking for in new teachers? Knowing what skills to showcase while applying for a teaching job and during the teacher interview is key in showing you are the best person for the job. Today we talk with Daryl Mikesell, an elementary and middle school principal about the attributes he looks for in new (and seasoned) teachers. Use Daryl’s insights to guide you as you apply and interview for teaching jobs.
Episode 16 At A Glance
Podcast Recommendation: 2:47
Daryl Mikesell: 6:31
Teacher Resource Recommendation
How To Subscribe & Leave a Review on Apple Podcast
When you Subscribe and Review Rockin' This Teacher Thing Podcast, your efforts help to put this podcast in front of more teachers.
Help me spread the teacher love by Subscribing and Leaving a Review on Apple Podcast.
Here's how to Rate & Review:
- Click Here to go to Rockin' This Teacher Thing on Apple Podcast
- Scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars
- Select “Write A Review” a tell which episode you enjoyed.
Here's How To Subscribe:
1. Click Here to go To Rockin' This Teacher Thing on Apple Podcast
2. Click the Subscribe button under the title Rockin This Teacher Thing and Angie Kantorowicz
3. That's it… Now you will be notified when episodes come out every other Tuesday.
Follow Our Host: Angie Kantorowicz
Looking For The Freebie? Well, Here It Is!!!
Ready For A Live Stream????
Let's get to know each other. Come join Teachers Making The Basics Fun YouTube Channel and be part of the live streams. We will get to know each other, laugh, cry and support each other with ideas, wisdom, and encouragement. Together we are better. Here's the YouTube link. (Click Here- Teachers Making The Basics Fun YouTube)